Jacsan Essential Oils uses only the highest quality carrier and essential oils and all of our essential oils are certified organic. Why use beard oil? Here is a list of benefits:
- Nourishes and hydrates not only the hair but also the skin beneath. The hair can absorb the moisture from the skin leaving it dry and itchy. Different carrier oils are used in our blends to moisturize both.
- Prevents beard itch and dandruff. This is caused by dry and broken skin which leads to excessive scratching so, as mentioned above, prevent his from happening by moisturizing both the hair and skin.
- Beard oil may promote beard growth, as beard oil nourishes the hair, it prevents split ends and helps the hair follicle to become stronger. If you find that you have somewhat patchy hair growth, beard oil promotes healthy skin and can help the hair follicles to flourish and prevent ingrown hair. But be aware that this isn’t always the case. Other factors are involved such as genetics, season, environment, diet, sleep exercise and hydration. So if a beard oil claims it ‘will” promote growth and it doesn’t work for you these could be the reasons.
- Tames flyaway hair. Not everyone likes to style their beard but if you do beard oil will keep it supple and more manageable.
- Can help pores and inflammation. If your skin is sensitive dryness can cause redness and irritation. This might be caused by chemicals as in shampoo or due to environmental conditions. Beard oil doesn’t clog pores and can help cleanse and nourish skin prone to breakouts.
- It smells good! Maybe the scent is for you or maybe for your significant other. Choose one of our blends or create your own. We custom blend at no extra charge, just give us a week’s lead time. Choose from unscented, peppermint, lavender, tea tree, sandalwood & cedarwood, bergamot & ylang ylang, pine & tea tree. We will have more blends to choose from soon.
HOW TO USE BEARD OIL
- Shake the bottle before use to warm up the oil
- Dispense 3 -4 drops of oil into your hand and gently rub your palms together. The rule of thumb is to start with less to make sure your beard doesn’t look or feel greasy. Add more after if you feel it needs it
- In a downwards motion run your hands and fingers over the beard ensuring you start from the cheek area at the top of your sideburns and working your way downwards to cover the rest of the beard. Make sure to get your mustache, especially to get the benefit of the scented oils!
- If you are using your hands, gently run the tips of your fingers in an upwards motion from the chin, working your way outwards towards the cheek
- If you are using a comb continue to comb in a downwards motion and use your hand to pat down flyaway hairs to tame and style your beard
- Take time to look in the mirror and admire your awesome beard 😉